To Check Out Everything We Have On 'BREAKING DAWN', Click the Button Above.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

'Eclipse' Quotes: Trailer vs. Book

Amanda Bell, aka The Twilight Examiner took the time to compare the quotes from the Eclipse Trailer released this morning to the ones in the book. I also added the screen caps from the trailer that go along with the quotes:

"By reviewing the words used by the cast in the film as compared with those passages present in the text, one can see that the words are quite resemblant of the original quotes."


Trailer: "Isabella Swan, I promise to love you every moment of forever," Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen.
Book: "Isabella Swan? I promise to love you forever — every single day of forever. Will you marry me?" Edward Cullen, page 460.

Trailer: "She's still human," and "the Volturi don't give second chances," Dakota Fanning as Jane.
Book: "We don’t make exceptions,” she said. "And we don’t give second chances. It’s bad for our reputation. Which reminds me [. . .] Caius will be so interested to hear that you’re still human, Bella," Jane, page 578.


Trailer: "Why are you so against me becoming like you?" Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan.
Book: "You don’t want me to be a vampire." "No, I don’t," he said softly, and then he waited for more. "That’s not a question," he prompted after a moment. "Well . . . I was worrying about . . . why you feel that way," Bella and Edward, pages 272-73.


Trailer: "I know the consequences of the decision you're making. After a few decades, everyone you know will be dead," Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen.
Book: "You could do so much better, Bella. I know that you believe I have a soul, but I’m not entirely convinced on that point, and to risk yours [. . .] For me to allow this – to let you become what I am just so that I’ll never have to lose you – is the most selfish act I can imagine," Edward Cullen, page 273.

Trailer: "You wouldn’t have to change for me, Bella. I’m in love with you, and I want you to pick me instead of him," Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black.
Book: "I’m in love with you, Bella. Bella, I love you. And I want you to pick me instead of him. I know you don’t feel that way, but I need the truth out there so that you know your options. I wouldn’t want a miscommunication to stand in our way," Jacob Black, page 327. "Just think about how it could be, Bella,” he urged in a soft, eager voice. “You wouldn’t have to change anything for me. You know Charlie would be happy if you picked me. I could protect you just as well as your vampire can – maybe better. And I could make you happy, Bella," Jacob Black, page 333.


Trailer: "You have to consider the idea that I might be better for her than you are," Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black.
Book: "You love her enough that you have to see the advantages of that plan. She thinks you’re very unselfish . . . are you really? Can you consider the idea that I might be better for her than you are?" Jacob Black, page 502.


Trailer: "I'll protect you no matter what," Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen.
Book: "I won’t let anything happen to you," Edward Cullen, page 366.

Trailer: "You don’t know what you’re getting yourself into," Kristen Stewart as Bella Swan.
Book: "Jacob, I’m begging you. Stay with me," Bella Swan, page 523.


Trailer: "I'm going to fight for you until your heart stops beating," Taylor Lautner as Jacob Black.
Book: "Until your heart stops beating, Bella. I’ll be here — fighting. Don’t forget that you have options," Jacob Black, page 330.

The only one I couldn't find a direct counterpart for was "Edward, she found us," by Kristen Stewart as Bella. For the most part, though, so far so good right?

Thanks for taking the time to do that Amanda & sharing it with all of us! I have to agree...so far so good! :)

post signature

No comments:

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Lily's Take me to the old world kit.