To Check Out Everything We Have On 'BREAKING DAWN', Click the Button Above.

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ten Minutes with Kellan Lutz


The Huffington Post writer Fabio Periera spent "10 Minutes with Kellan Lutz" chatting at the Eclipse Gum Party in Baton Rouge:

I'm doing pretty good. So I understand you're in Louisiana filming the last film in the Twilight franchise?

Yeah, I just flew back in. I've been really blessed with these movies. This new one is a big, seven-month movie but it's nice to have time to fly back and forth to LA and other places just because you end up having a week off here and there. So it's nice. I'm back here, it's like my fourth trip flying back. And I love Baton Rouge, I'm really happy shooting here. I shot here back in May, I had a movie that, you know, wasn't as hectic with fans because not all the Twilight (actors) were here, but I just love this town and I love being a tour guide for the castmates.

Totally. So, you're currently working on the last Twilight film and you've been working with these people for quite a while now. Are you feeling a little bit sad as it ends?

No, not at all. This whole franchise is definitely special to be apart of. It's really different than, say, the Lord of the Rings movies where you're down in New Zealand for years. These movies are kind of easy and they don't get tiresome. You work for three or four months on each movie and then you go home and with in those time periods, we have weeks off because we do block shooting. So, all the werewolves shoot for a couple weeks and then the vampires shoot. We come and go a lot. We don't really--I mean, none of us have gotten sick of each other, we all love each other. We're all very responsible and we take on the opportunities that being part of this franchise has given us in different field and parts of the industry and in life. So, I haven't even thought about it, it's not going to end really until 2012 and a few months after that--flying around, doing junkets. But no, I'm definitely not sad... It's not work, you know?

So, switching gears a little bit. You were named to People's Sexiest Men Alive list. What's that like for you when you get these, um... awards, I guess...

(Laughs.) It's very flattering. I remember, I've seen magazines like that and I don't really watch TV. But you know, Ryan Reynolds is in there all the time and now on the cover, and it's very humbling that People magazine would have me be a part of that.

What does your family think?

My--my family (Laughs.) I mean, I fell into acting. I've always kind of been "crazy Kellan" and just full of energy and doing my own thing that once I got into acting, it kind of just escalated all that attention for them in a way. Because I like to make my own attention. I just went back to Iowa, where my grandparents live, and I try to see them as much as I can. And they love it. They watch all my movies. We're in a small town, so it's like everyone knows them by their first name, there's one street light and they tell (their friends) that I'm going to come there. They're like, "Oh, he's just going to have his friends over,' because last time I was there the whole town came by and I was just signing autographs. Which I fine, but you think you can get away from that by going to see your grandparents in the middle of nowhere. This time I was like, "Ok, let's just do a big barbeque. We can have everyone come over and take pictures," because I only had a day and a half there. I wanted to go and hang out on the farm, I wanted to see my cousins and stuff and I just didn't have time to spend a whole day doing that again. And we decided to do a dinner and had a bunch of people come over and I stopped by the local gas station and, everyone knows each other, so their [friends] ask, "What are you doing?"

"Oh, this is my grandson, he's from LA--from Hollywood. He's an actor. He's in People Magazine!" They just had this whole (thing) down and I'm just like, "Great! Throw me under the bus like that!" (Laughs.) But they're sweethearts, and it puts such a smile on their face and if I can do that and it tacks on a couple more years to their life, (then) by all means, I want to.

Do you ever miss normalcy?
I've never been normal.

What do you mean?
I mean, I'm really down to earth but I mean--I'm normal but I am very random. I can't just sit down at a computer. I can't just do the normal things. I'm always doing something--being outside, doing things that a lot of people just don't do and I look at that. But in my normal life, I'm still Kellan. Yeah, Twilight's been a world of a change and has really helped me in my career, but I still do the same things I've always done. I still go bowling with friends and go to batting cages and I still go snowboarding all the time, walking my dog, hiking. That hasn't changed. Yeah, the paparazzi get annoyed when I'm (Laughs) and they didn't realize to pack warm clothes. But no, I haven't changed.

Read the whole interview here.

post signature

No comments:

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Lily's Take me to the old world kit.