To Check Out Everything We Have On 'BREAKING DAWN', Click the Button Above.

Monday, August 17, 2009

Paul Wesley talks Vampire Diaries, Robert Pattinson & Twilight

Vampire Diaries is set to air on the CW Sept. 1oth (I might tune in, don't know yet). iesb talked with the star Paul Wesley, who plays Vampire Stefan in the series, and talk naturally turned to Twilight:

Q: In acting terms, the standard for this kind of role now is Robert Pattinson in Twilight. Because of that, is there anything that you're doing to steer yourself further away from that portrayal?

Paul: Well, prior to shooting the pilot, I had never seen Twilight. I specifically went out of my way to not watch Twilight because I didn't want it to influence me, in any way, because I knew that it was a similar subject matter. Now, I've actually never watched the movie in its entirety, but I've seen parts of it. And, I don't think that it would be wise for any actor to make any judgments on their character, or decisions based on anyone else. If there are similarities to Robert Pattinson's character in Twilight, so be it.

I take the scripts that Kevin and Julie write, and I do my honest, best portrayal. Any similarities are an after-effect. This is a weekly series, and there's so much going on. There are so many new relationships. There is a lot going on in the show with vampires, but then there are personal relationships between all the characters. There are non-vampires everywhere.

Q: Who'd win in a fight: Edward Cullen or Stefan?

Paul: I don't know enough about Edward Cullen, to be honest with you, so I don't know what his abilities and powers are. That's really up to the viewer or reader to decide. Once they start seeing the show, they can make their decision, but I have no idea. I can't even answer that.
(I can answer that one...EDWARD...no, I haven't read the Vampire Diaries and don't know anything about your character, but Edward is the shiznit and always #1 The end.)

{via Twilight Lexicon}

So, just out of curiosity
, will you be tuning in to The Vampire Diaries, and have you read the books?

No comments:

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Lily's Take me to the old world kit.