To Check Out Everything We Have On 'BREAKING DAWN', Click the Button Above.

Friday, June 5, 2009

GQ Writer says he is Sorry to RPattz fans


GQ writer, Alex Bilmes, sticks his foot in his mouth...I mean says he is sorry to RPattz fans. TwilightSisterhood has the story:


On June 3rd he posted this snarky comment:


" I'm posting this stuff on GQ.COM, a site aimed primarily at British men. I take it you're not all regular visitors, so how does it work? Do you sit by your terminals with your hands down your pants, staring at your Twilight screensavers and waiting for your "Robert Pattinson" Google Alerts to ping, drawing your attention to some tossed off slandering of your hero's name? In the absence of a sexy vampire in your lives, what the hell is eating you women?


And the next day he had this to say:


"I feel I owe you all an apology. You're right: What I wrote yesterday was snarky and dishonest and mostly designed to rile you and I'm not proud of it. I'm sorry.


The truth is I am genuinely curious about Robert's appeal. I'm a heterosexual man, 36 years old, gainfully employed, in a relationship. We simply don't have these kind of obsessions, and I for one find them hard to understand. I mean, I think Megan Fox is attractive, but I don't spend much time thinking about her. Certainly don't feel the need to communicate with fellow Meganites, to defend her when she's maligned, to shout my love from the message-board rooftops.


This is not in any way to belittle your feelings for Robert or denigrate your activities online or off-. None of this is meant to sound condescending. I'm a person who considers himself reasonably intelligent and who spends his working life monitoring, reporting on and interacting with celebrity culture. I'm fascinated by fame, and famous people, and drawn to them for reasons I don't fully understand myself. So I can empathise with your love for Robert, even if I wonder at its intensity.


We all know his antecedents, of course, from James Dean to Leonardo DiCaprio. There's nothing new about the worship of screen idols, but it's been a long time since I've seen anything approaching the strength of emotion that surrounds Robert. That's why I'm so curious.


It's been enlightening reading your comments (even the ones that questioned my girlfriend's sanity). At the risk of using yet another trite vampire metaphor, can we now call a halt to the bloodletting?


I'd hate to leave it like this."


At first I was baffled by his mouthy, heartless comments...and then I learned he was a Megan Fox fan...'nuf said!

No comments:

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Lily's Take me to the old world kit.