To Check Out Everything We Have On 'BREAKING DAWN', Click the Button Above.

Monday, June 8, 2009

Peter Facinelli on New Show "Nurse Jackie"


PopWrap: Were you looking to return to TV?
Peter Facinelli: I wasn't, I had just finished shooting "Twilight" and wanted to do more features, but when I heard Edie Falco was attached to this, my ears perked up -- so they sent me the script and thought it was really good. Unlike any other series on TV.

PW: Your small screen shows really jump all over tonally. Which of your series is most like what you watch?
Peter: Well, I did "Fastlane" because I grew up watching "Dukes of Hazzard" and it was like being a kid in a candy store. Then I did "Six Feet Under" and "Damages" because the acting was so powerful, it was a treat as an actor to work opposite those people. And "Nurse Jackie" is funny for me, because I'm not big on medical shows.

PW: No?

Peter: I don't watch them -- I've never seen "Grey's Anatomy" or "E.R." I just wasn't drawn to them as a viewer. That's why I was so surprised at how much I liked this script. But it's because at its core, "Nurse Jackie" is about relationships. I also liked the idea of seeing this world through a nurse's eyes. I've been to enough hospitals with my kids to know that they're the ones doing the grunt work. Doctors just swoop in. I like that we get to tell their story.

PW: Your character suffers from a very bizarre psychological problem (he gropes women when nervous). Do we find out if that's a legit problem at some point?
Peter: Yeah, that's a question I had to ask the writers because I had to find out that information in order to play it. I needed to know if it was real or a lie too -- I know the answer, but I'm not saying yet. But you will find out later on if he's just made up this affliction as an excuse to grab boobs or not.

{Via Pop Wrap}

No comments:

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Lily's Take me to the old world kit.