To Check Out Everything We Have On 'BREAKING DAWN', Click the Button Above.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

MTV Chimes in on the Victoria Switch

I have to agree with MTV here! I don't like it when characters change during sequels...hopefully this will work out...but I am not lovin' it...

There's an old saying that goes "don't change horses in midstream." Never is this more true than when you're talking about major Hollywood franchises. Rabid fans become comfortable with a long-running series' established mythology, and it's jarring to see a new face operating under a familiar name.

I wonder then what you Twilighters make of today's news, that Bryce Dallas Howard will step in to replace Rachelle Lefevre in the villainous role of Victoria for "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse." Lefevre filled the role in both "Twilight" and the upcoming "New Moon." The Hollywood Reporter reveals that the casting switch comes as the result of a scheduling conflict, as Lefevre will join Dustin Hoffman in the soon-to-shoot indie drama "Barney's Version."

Still, I have to wonder what you hardcore fans make of the change. Comparing this to a similar situation, I loved the first "Iron Man" movie but I'm pretty disappointed about Don Cheadle replacing Terrence Howard as Rhodey in "Iron Man 2." Cheadle is a tremendous actor, but Howard really nailed the role and the change leaves me unsettled. Perhaps my opinion will change when the sequel hits theaters, but I'm still left feeling uneasy.

No comments:

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Lily's Take me to the old world kit.