To Check Out Everything We Have On 'BREAKING DAWN', Click the Button Above.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Chris Weitz Discusses Juicy Details about New Moon

Rotten Tomatoes has an EXCELLENT interview with Chris Weitz where he reveals loads about New Moon. The three bits of info that sent me into overdrive were Edward's sparkle, the Proposal scene and Chris' fav scene:

Weitz is still developing New Moon's computer-generated effects -- including a new take on Edward Cullen's "sparkling" effect, which drew criticism in the first film -- and is just weeks away from delivering a first cut.

"I am about two weeks away from showing my director's cut to the studio," Weitz told us. "I've got some wolves with fur, and some wolves are still invisible, basically. And some wolves are kind of like...what look like Claymation versions. We are still in the late R&D phases of what Edward looks like when he's hit by sunlight, what the vampires look like when they're hit with sunlight, the diamond effect, and also the hallucinatory effect that Bella has when she hears Edward's voice and she imagines him there."

... So will New Moon's conclusion stay faithful to Meyer's "proposal scene," in which Edward makes a very specific ultimatum in response to a life-changing request from Bella?

"It hasn't been cut out, I can tell you that much," Weitz carefully shared. He paused to compose his answer, making sure not to reveal too much. "It's not going to hit them in exactly the way that they think it's going to, but I will say that -- how can I put it? --it's going to be quite special. I kind of saved all of my gusto for that moment. I don't think it will disappoint.

Chris' Favorite Scene?

"I really did enjoy the scenes in the Volturi headquarters..."I suppose that has to be my favorite scene, because it is the high point of the movie, when Bella goes to try to stop Edward from killing himself. We had a thousand extras in this medieval town square in a hill town in Tuscany, in the most beautiful country on earth, and it was such an extraordinary opportunity to get to work there.

Read more here, he discusses Eclipse/Breaking Dawn, the wolves & Volturi and more...

No comments:

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Lily's Take me to the old world kit.