To Check Out Everything We Have On 'BREAKING DAWN', Click the Button Above.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Chris Weitz Says He is Ready To Quit Making Movies


New Moon director Chris Weitz says he’s ready to quit the movie business.

“Every time I make a movie I’m pretty much convinced it’s the last time I’m going to be able to do it and that really it’s a rather silly occupation to undertake,” Weitz says in the current issue of MovieMaker magazine.

The director says he wants to make just one more film: an homage to The Bicycle Thief, called The Gardener, which would be made half in Spanish and half in English.

Weitz, also directed American Pie and About A Boy, said he became disillusioned with studio interference in his 2007 adaptation of The Golden Compass, a poorly-received fantasy film with Nicole Kidman and Daniel Craig. “I wanted that to be my masterpiece,” he said. “Unfortunately, the edit was taken from me and whatever chance I had at that was also taken from me, which is kind of sad.”

Instead of making films, Weitz said he would like to read books, become a better surfer, learn to speak Spanish, travel and learn kung-fu.

“It’s nice to make movies, but it’s also really hard.”

Source


Oh noes!! We want him for Breaking Dawn!! Come on C-Dub....do Breaking Dawn!!

No comments:

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Lily's Take me to the old world kit.