To Check Out Everything We Have On 'BREAKING DAWN', Click the Button Above.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ashley Greene Talks to VF about New Moon & Eclipse

Vanity Fair had the opportunity to talk with Ashley about her role as Alice Cullen, The Twilight Saga films, and how Twilight has changed her life:

VF.com: So you’re in Vancouver right now on the set of Eclipse…

Ashley Greene: I am. I just got to set! It’s an hour drive every day, really pretty; we’re way out in the middle of nowhere.

What are you filming today?
There’s a lot of action in this [movie], a lot of fight-sequence choreography. Me, Nikki [Reed], and Kellan [Lutz] are working today, and we’re doing another installment of the fight sequences. We’re doing a section of the huge vampire/Cullen/wolf/newborn battle.

Your role as Alice Cullen becomes more significant as the series continues. What was your experience filming New Moon?
It was incredible, and I think the timing was right. I’m glad that [my role] wasn’t that big in the first one because I was wide-eyed and nervous. By the second one, I had the time to fully develop this character, and I’m really comfortable with Alice Cullen now. It’s going to be sad to be done with it. I was really excited when I read the script because I had, of course, read the book and you never know how they’re going to translate it, how it’s going to read, and filming it was great. Chris [Weitz, the director] was awesome.

Have you seen the finished film yet?
I got to see it a month ago. I’m really happy … I’m really excited about it. When we saw it, it was completely unfinished. It was one of the first cuts, and it looks really good. The first thing that went through my head was, “Oh my gosh, it’s beautiful!” The way that it’s shot … Javier, our D.P., he did such a beautiful job. We all look really, really good!

How much does it differ from the first film?
It’s more dangerous; it’s darker in the costumes, scenery, and tone. The Volturi come in, and they definitely make them look scary. I think that’s why the lighting was so important; it was key. A good part of it is in Italy …

What would you say is the one major thing that has changed about your life since Twilight came out?
... You know, I was a struggling actor, and I was modeling to pay bills. I was worried about rent, and I was living with two other people. To go from that to me going, “I need a break, I need a day off,” is a crazy thing. It’s good, and it’s tiring, but my mom being able to see what I’m doing every single day on the Internet? It’s crazy! From nobody really knowing or really caring who you are or what you do to suddenly making headlines with what you’re eating, where you’re going, who you’re hanging out and having coffee with is nuts. But I guess it helps when I’m walking into these rooms with directors and producers, all of a sudden they know who I am. That’s the craziest thing ...

Read more at VF.



via Twifans

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ashley...you are so beautiful....I ADORE THEE!!

 
Blog designed by TwispiredBlogdesign using Lily's Take me to the old world kit.